IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Geography
IELTS Speaking Part 1 (Geography)
Do you like geography?
- No, because I find this subject very boring and I am not interested in the geographical features of our planet. Although, I like science like Biology, and Physics, geography is my least favorite.
- Yes, and although geography is quite boring, our teachers made it very interesting and we learned how to love this subject. We managed to collect some rocks and minerals and that became a hobby of mine for quite some time.
Have you ever studied geography at school?
- Yes, it was part of our curriculum and studied it in our first year. We discuss primarily rocks and minerals and by the second year, we mainly focus on geographical position and tectonic plates.
- We did study geography but not on its own. Back in primary school, geography was part of our history class, as we discussed how the planet is shaped and formed. In high school, it was part of our biology class.
Are you good at reading a map?
- We barely travel so I never had the opportunity to read maps, however, when I use my map on my phone, I can follow it well as the map is very intuitive. However, paper maps, that is very challenging for me.
- Since my parents and I travel a lot, I got accustomed to reading paper maps including GPS and maps on my phone.
- My uncle taught me how to use a compass as well so I have basic to intermediate knowledge of reading maps and navigation on land.
Would you visit a country because of its geographical location?
- Since I live in Beijing, I would really like to see some beaches and caves. So given a chance, I would love to go to the Philippines and go to Cebu to see Boracay. This place is famous for its white sand beach, and visit some caves and some under-sea caves.
- I had this friend who is from Arizona and she showed me a picture of the Grand Canyon so in the future, I would love to see this in person. Also, I am interested in seeing the night sky in Yellowknife in Canada since based on the location, we could see the aurora borealis.
Check other collections here.
Check my personal website here
Ian Tanpiuco is an ESL and virtual assistant. With a decade of experience, he has become an expert in his field. Dedicated to helping others achieve their goals, Ian works tirelessly in the classroom or as a virtual assistant.